The blog of a dedicated radio amateur and electronics enthusiast

"Having fun on the air and in the workshop - communicating and creating"

15 September 2012

Trap and match


I have completed the 'L-match' network and re-checked the resonant frequency of the trap, 1821KHz; both are now ready to be installed with the new antenna, ( last posting ).
I made a very important improvement to the water-proofing of the original trap, ( posting dated 8th April 2010 ), by fitting end-caps. These are translucent polythene and originally the tops from curry paste jars. I was delighted to discover that they are a tight clip-on fit on the 90mm diameter former. I had carried out beforehand the traditional microwave-oven loss test on the material which passed. I will now look for similar jar tops for my other coax traps.
I must hurry to finish the antenna as a Canadian radio amateur is eager to contact me on the 160m band.

No comments: