The blog of a dedicated radio amateur and electronics enthusiast

"Having fun on the air and in the workshop - communicating and creating"

12 July 2011

Then there were four

From time to time since the last post, ( 16 June ), I have been populating three more circuit boards; four are now complete. This is not quite the rate of 3 per week which should be achievable, single-handed; what an efficient production line that would be !
During this activity my soldering skills working with surface mount components, some minute, have quickly improved. Surprisingly, I didn't find the 44 pin microcontroller chip to be the most difficult to mount.
Now I will progress further with the case. I have already finished the technical drawings for the top, base, front and rear panels ready for their fabrication. And today a local firm precisely cut the extruded, anodised aluminium sides to the final length.

2 comments:

Lionel Ayling said...

Hi Stephen, my, you have been busy. tThought you would like confirmation that your blog was working. It looks very proffessional.
Dad

Lionel Ayling said...

Hi Stephen, seen your blog. Dad